Thursday, June 3, 2010

Last year in my 20's....

On May 17th I turned 29. This will be my last year in my 20's and for some reason it is affecting me greatly. I am very sad that this is my last year in my twenties. I feel like my "youth" is being ripped away from me. Why is that?!? What is so bad about turning 3o? Is it the fact that I am starting to find random gray hair all over my head? Or maybe that it's much harder to shed weight than it used to be? Could it be that I am discovering the beginning stages of "crow's feet"? Is it that I don't want to tan anymore because I am afraid I will wrinkle earlier? STRESS!!!! Deep breath and we are going to move on now.

May is a big month for me. First, there's Mother's Day, followed by my birthday, then to wrap things up Dave and I celebrate our Anniversary on May 22nd. Bless my husband that is a lot of pressure!

My husband is amazing...let me tell you he exceeded all of my "expectations" and more this year! To start, we had a great Mother's Day celebrating with our Mother's. And of course I got to spend quality time with my precious son Drew. My birthday was on a Monday this year, but the Friday before my birthday my sneaky little husband told me he had a "meeting" for work in Trussville and wanted to meet me for lunch. I get up on Friday and Dave gets Drew completely ready for school (which is huge for me). I head to work and Dave heads to his "meeting". Around lunch time Dave shows up at my office with a big surprise...he had bought me an iPhone. I was so excited. I have been wanting one for a while. We go to lunch and then we pick Drew up from school and I go back to work while my boys head home.

I headed home after work and walked into a SPOTLESS house. Dave had cleaned up the entire house. BEST PRESENT EVER!!! He even left a bottle of wine on the table for me. He then hands me the most beautiful card with an Eclipse movie ticket inside (yes, I love the Twilight series) from him and a precious Mickey card from Drew that he picked out all by himself. I then proceed to the bedroom to change into my afternoon "uniform" (comfy pants, t-shirt, hair on top of my head...etc.) and Dave tells me to get ready for another surprise and don't change. Wait, there's more...what?!?!

About an hour later some of our very best friends show up at the house to celebrate. We ordered pizza, the kids entertained, we had cake and a few shots and enjoyed each other's company. I tell you what I was not excited about turning 29, but my wonderful husband made the blow much softer! Thank you my love for everything! You are truly AMAZING and I love you more and more everyday!!!

My dad, Tammy, Alison and Alex came over on Sunday and we went to dinner and had cake when we got back! My mom, brother and sister will be coming this weekend to celebrate with me. Hey, who says you can't celebrate your birthday for weeks at a time?! :)
I have an amazing family and equally amazing friends and for that I am truly blessed! I love you all very much!!!

Dave didn't feel well on our Anniversary so we took it easy and went out to eat. Then we went to visit Dave's parents, sister, nieces and cousin's (who were visiting from New Orleans). It was a wonderful evening! I enjoyed spending time with our family that night and meeting baby Camille (who is the most adorable baby).

Here are a few pics from my Birthday Surprise!



The best husband in the world!!!



Drew helping me blow out the candles!


Opening presents...thanks everyone!



I love my boy!


Entertainment!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok we have to get together so David can give Ben some pointers. Tell him he did an OUTSTANDING job on your birthday! I'm thoroughly impressed!

    ReplyDelete